Yes, I will be leaving Typepad soon. I'm getting some technical assistance from a wonderful and well-known source in the feminist blogosphere, and within the next few weeks this blog will have an updated look (I'll be using a Wordpress platform, for those in the know) -- and a new address. I'll keep you posted!
As for today's FRT, once again only one of my wife's tracks makes the list. #3 is an old favorite of mine; the sarcasm in Gram Parsons' voice as he sings is delicious. I make no apologies for being fond of #6. I adore the splendid Shakira without reservation, and it's not just because she's a costena from the Caribbean coast of Colombia (where my mother-in-law was born.) And #10 is from one of my two favorite Christian bands.
1. "Wreck of the Day", Anna Nalick
2. "Make it Happen", Mariah Carey
3. "The Christian Life", The Byrds
4. "Cry Love", John Hiatt
5. "Battleflag", Pigeonhed
6. "Kickstart my Heart", Motley Crue
7. "Goodbye My Lover", James Blunt
8. "Fool", Shakira
9. "I Bid You Goodnight", Aaron Neville
10. "There You Go", Caedmon's Call