This will be the last FRT for a while; I'm ready to give it a break. All of these save for #6 are mine, and #s4,5,8, and 10 are special favorites. "Estranged" is my favorite GNR track ever; "I've Loved These Days" is my favorite Billy Joel song. Both, at different times in the 80s and 90s, were my "theme songs." You'd have to look up the lyrics to know why. (And yes, I really do own several Charlotte Church tracks. Don't start.)
1. "Paperlate", Genesis
2. "Mercy Street", Peter Gabriel
3. "The Promised Land", Bruce Springsteen
4. "Love Song", Third Day
5. "Better Than You", Terri Clark
6. "Gold Digger", Kanye West
7. "Men of Harlech", Charlotte Church
8. "I've Loved These Days", Billy Joel
9. "City on a Hill", Third Day
10. "Estranged", Guns n' Roses
Bonus Tracks: "Sexuality", Billy Bragg; "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters", Elton John
No more FRTs for at least four weeks, I promise. As much pleasure as I take in inflicting my musical tastes -- and the stories behind the songs in my life -- it's time to give it a short rest.
But for those of you out there who do FRTs, you ought to do more than just list songs -- tell us if one or more of them have special significance from your life.