I generally don't like memes, but this one (from Eve via Camassia) is really a fun idea: list ten things you've done that your readers probably haven't. Nine of these are things I've done in the past 12 months. So here goes:
1. Appeared on the Glenn Sacks show.
2. Had an IV after finishing a 50K.
3. Get pulled out of a car at gunpoint by adolescent soldiers in the middle of nowhere, Cesar province, Colombia.
4. Begin writing children's stories about chinchillas. (One special one in particular).
6. Get Kate Winslet confused with Cate Blanchett while watching the Oscars. (Really.)
7. Get on a transatlantic flight under my own power, and leave slumped in a wheelchair.
8. Serve as faculty adviser for Campus Crusade for Christ while attending a liberal Episcopal Church and teaching gender studies.
9. Serve as foreperson of a jury,and rather than convict, do everything possible to hang the jury (hey, I had reasonable doubt.)
10. Publicly declare a commitment to vegetarianism, and fall off the wagon with a carne asade burrito three days later.